Charity Tech News
Sign up to the CTX Newsletter
Windows 7 Professional 32-Bit – Get Genuine
Admin Fee: £4.00 + VAT
This product is a full operating system, not an upgrade, offered through Microsoft's Get Genuine Windows Agreement for Small and Medium Organisations programme. It is available only to correct scenarios in which an organisation has an existing PC with one of the following operating systems installed on it:
• Counterfeit, pirated, or otherwise illegal, unlicensed, or improperly licensed Windows operating system
• Home Premium, Home Basic, or Starter editions of Windows 7 or Windows Vista
• Home or Starter editions of Windows XP
• Linux, FreeDOS, or other operating system
• No operating system
Once computers have genuine Windows, users can keep their current operating system up-to-date with the latest service packs and security updates by downloading them with Windows Update.
Eligible organisations may place only one request ever for Get Genuine products. Note: Since Get Genuine products are part of the Windows Desktop Operating Systems title group, an organisation's request for them will reduce the number of operating system upgrade products it may request in its current two-year donation cycle.
Requests for Get Genuine products may not contain any other products. During check-out, the Get Genuine Windows Agreement for Small and Medium Organisations must be accepted on behalf of the organisation.
Windows 7 Professional is the latest Microsoft operating system. It features enhanced performance, a simplified interface, expanded search capabilities, and more secure networking. This 32-bit version operates on a computer with a 32-bit processor and 32-bit drivers.
Service Pack 1 includes all previously released security, performance, and stability updates for Windows 7.
Windows 7 Professional requires significant system resources, as detailed below. For help evaluating whether you need to upgrade your computer before installing Windows 7, see CTX Programme's Should You Upgrade to Windows 7?
CTX Programme recommends a "clean install" of the Windows operating system: The process is described in CTX Programmes Upgrading to Windows 7: Steps and Checklist.
Special Rules for Get Genuine Product Requests
• Eligible organizations may place only one request ever for Get Genuine products.
• Requests for Get Genuine products may not contain any other products.
• During check-out, the Get Genuine Windows Agreement for Small and Medium Organisations must be accepted on behalf of the organisation.
Software Assurance Not Included: Get Genuine products do not include the Software Assurance benefits that come with most other Microsoft software donations. If an organisation installs a Get Genuine product, that product will not have the benefit of receiving a free upgrade to a newer version of Windows when it is released in the future. However, the Get Genuine product will provide a computer with a legal base operating system upon which Windows upgrade products that include Software Assurance benefits offered through CTX Programme can be installed. Additionally, organisations that request Get Genuine products will be able to downgrade their donation to earlier Windows OS versions at no cost through the Microsoft Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC).
Choose Carefully: The administrative fee for this Get Genuine product is not refundable, and the product cannot be exchanged.
Important Volume Licensing Information: With Windows 7, organisations can choose between two types of volume license keys for product activation: a Key Management Service (KMS) license key or a Multiple Activation Key (MAK). Organisations will be provided with a Key Management Service (KMS) key for Windows 7 by default on the Microsoft Volume Licensing website; that is, this is the only type of key an organisation will see unless they request a MAK.
A KMS key requires at least 25 computers on a network for activation. Organisations with fewer than 25 computers should request a MAK from the Volume Licensing website after receiving this product.
• 1-GHz (or higher) 32-bit (x86) processor
• 1 GB or more RAM
• 16 GB available hard-disk space
• DirectX 9 graphics device with Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM) 1.0 or later driver
• DVD drive
Additional requirements to use certain features:
• For sound — audio output
• For Windows XP Mode — an additional 1 GB RAM, an additional 15 GB available hard-disk space, and a processor capable of hardware virtualization with Intel VT or AMD-V turned on
• For some Windows Media Center functionality — a TV tuner and additional hardware
• For Windows Touch Technology — touch screen
• For HomeGroup file and printer sharing — networked PCs running Windows 7
Product functionality and appearance might vary with system configuration.
Price: £4.00 + VAT
© 2007 Charity Technology Exchange - Terms And Conditions