Charity Tech News
Sign up to the CTX Newsletter
MapPoint 2011 North America (Includes Software Assurance)
Admin Fee: £10.00 + VAT
MapPoint 2011 is a mapping program that allows users to easily integrate maps into their work. By importing or linking information from Excel, Access, Outlook, or any SQL Server database to a MapPoint-based map, users can depict client bases and trends. Customized maps can be inserted into Word documents and PowerPoint presentations. Maps include 1.9 million points of interest, such as city halls, restaurants, and ATMs.
Mobile workers can access maps, driving directions, and point-of-interest information even when offline. Features for mobile workers include updated geographic data and a Global Positioning System (GPS) task pane that uses information from connected, compatible GPS devices to display current location, speed, and traveling direction. Position information is available through either a connected GPS device or the Location Finder, which accesses a database of known WiFi access points to determine a user's location (see the System Requirements for necessary hardware).
MapPoint 2011 North America includes detailed geographic coverage for the United States, Canada, and (cities and major highways only) Mexico. Coverage outside those regions is limited to political boundaries and populated places.
Acquiring the Installation Media and Licence Key: Installing this product requires installation media and a licence key. Installation media will be shipped to you free of charge.
The licence key allows you to use the installation media to install the product on as many computers as you have received donations for. This quantity is specified in the donation email sent to your organisation email address after your eligibility has been verified and your administrative fee has been received.
• Under the Software Assurance programme, customers acquire the right to install any new release of products covered in the agreement during the term of their coverage.
• The Import/Link Data wizard helps users import or link information from Excel, Access, and Outlook to a MapPoint-based map.
• Maps contain demographic data such as household income and population age and gender.
• When GPS functionality is in use, routes can be displayed as a 3D perspective map.
• Point-of-interest and address information can be sent to mobile devices
Additional items or services required to use certain features:
Price: £10.00 + VAT
© 2007 Charity Technology Exchange - Terms And Conditions