Small Business Server 2011 Premium Add-on supplements the technologies of Small Business Server 2011 Standard Edition. It is intended for small organizations that have limited IT resources but still need to run a large number of line-of-business applications. The add-on includes SQL Server 2008 R2 for Small Business plus a license for Windows Server 2008 R2 in addition to the one included in Small Business Server 2011 Standard Edition.
Small Business Server 2011 Premium Add-on is available only as a 64-bit operating system and can only be installed on a server with a 64-bit processor.
For more information about this license suite, see Techsoups Guide to Small Business Server Editions and Licensing.
* Please note: Eligible UK Registered Charities and Charitable Housing Associations must place their donation requests via CTX, not TechSoup Stock.
This product must be used with a validly licensed copy of Small Business Server 2011 Standard Edition. It includes two types of licenses:
• Server licenses
• Five premium client access licenses (CALs) that can be used for either users or devices
Obtaining This Product
Expect three emails:
1. When your donation request has been approved, CTX Programme will send a message to your organisation email address confirming the number of licenses you have requested.
2. Microsoft will send an email welcoming your organisation to the Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC).
3. The CTX Programme will send an email with information about managing your donation at the VLSC. If you are new to the VLSC, you should wait for this email before you register there.
Software Assurance: Under the Software Assurance program, you have the right to install any new release of products covered in the agreement during the term of your coverage.
Hardware for Windows Server 2008 Standard Edition R2:
• 1.4-GHz (or higher) x64 processor; eight processors maximum
• 512 MB or more RAM; 2 TB maximum
• 32 GB available hard-disk space; (computers with more than 16 GB RAM require more disk space for paging, hibernation, and dump files)
• DVD drive
Hardware for SQL Server 2008 R2 Standard Edition:
• 1.4-GHz (or higher) processor: AMD Opteron, AMD Athlon 64, Intel Xeon with Intel EM64T support, or Intel Pentium 4 with EM64T support; 2-GHz recommended
• 1 GB RAM; 4 GB recommended (supports maximum of 64 GB)
• 3.6 GB available hard-disk space
• DVD drive
• 800x600-pixel (or higher) display
Software for SQL Server 2008 R2 Standard Edition:
• Operating systems:
o Windows Server 2008 with SP2 Standard x64, Standard x64 without Hyper-V, Essential Server Solutions x64, Essential Server Solutions x64 without Hyper-V
o Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard, Essential Server Solutions
o Windows Small Business Server 2008/2011
• Internet Explorer 6.0 with SP1 or later