Charity Tech News
Sign up to the CTX Newsletter
BizTalk Server Standard 2010 (Includes Software Assurance and 1 Processor License)
Admin Fee: £382.00 + VAT
BizTalk Server 2010 Standard provides the infrastructure to connect business systems with each other, regardless of the platform, whether in a single organization or across different organisations. It also allows users to define and execute processes based on those systems.
For example, an inventory application running on an IBM mainframe issues a request for a purchase order, a resource planning application running on a UNIX system issues the purchase order, and a fulfillment application running on Windows places the order. These applications communicate with each other through BizTalk Server, according to the rules the organization has defined for this process.
BizTalk Server communicates by means of software mechanisms called adapters. More than two dozen adapters are included, including Windows Communication Foundation for .NET, SOAP for XML and web services, IBM databases, and commonly used business software such as SAP, Siebel, PeopleSoft, and Oracle E-Business Suite. Microsoft partners provide additional adapters, some at an extra cost.
BizTalk RFID enables RFID (radio frequency identification) devices to become fully compatible with the Microsoft platform and includes native support for mobile RFID. It also allows developers to create RFID processes, such as asset tracking and supply chain visibility, that are independent of underlying device types and protocols.
The 2010 version integrates with Microsoft's latest platform software, including Windows Server 2008 R2, Visual Studio 2010, SQL Server 2008 R2, .NET Framework, and provides support for Hyper-V virtualization. It also includes a web services directory compliant with version 3 of UDDI.
Other capabilities include the following:
• BizTalk Server natively supports Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), one of the most prevalent means by which entities exchange data electronically, including support for AS2 and SWIFT formats.
• The Orchestration Designer, BizTalk Editor, and BizTalk Mapper provide graphical means to define a business process and the rules it uses. The Business Rules Engine provides a way of evaluating a complex set of business rules.
• Business Activity Monitoring (BAM) allows analysts, developers, and information workers to get information about business state, trends, and critical conditions.
• The System Center Management Pack provides visual monitoring, diagnostics, and alerts for administrators to monitor the health state of various BizTalk and platform artifacts such as Send Ports, Orchestrations, and Host Instances.
License Included: This product includes one process license. No client licenses are required for BizTalk Server.
Software Assurance: Under the Software Assurance program, you have the right to install any new release of products covered in the agreement during the term of your coverage.
• 1-GHz (or higher) single processor; 900-MHz (or higher) double processors; 700-MHz (or higher) quad processors (Hyper-Threading and dual-core processors supported)
• 2 GB or more RAM
• 10 GB available hard-disk space, NTFS format
• 1024x768-pixel (or higher) display
• DVD drive
• Network adapter card
• Windows Server 2008 R2; Windows Server 2008 with SP2; Windows Vista with SP2; Windows 7;1 (64-bit operating systems supported but not in native 64-bit execution mode)
• Internet Information Services 7.0/7.5
• Excel 2007/2010
• .NET Framework 3.5 with SP1 and .NET Framework 4
• SQL Server 2008 R2; SQL Server 2008 with SP1
• SQL Server 2005 Notification Services with SP2
• For BizTalk Server applications development and debugging — Visual Studio 2010 with Visual C# .NET (not required for production-only systems)
• For the Windows SharePoint Services adapter web service — SharePoint Server 2010; SharePoint Foundation 2010; Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 with SP1; Office SharePoint Server 2007
• For the System Center Management Pack – System Center Operations Manager 2007
• For BizTalk RFID, see BizTalk RFID Requirements
• For installing other BizTalk Server features, see the BizTalk Server Feature Dependency Matrix
• If the server is missing a prerequisite software component, BizTalk Setup is able to install redistributable prerequisites automatically from the web or from a pre-downloaded CAB file.
Price: £382.00 + VAT
© 2007 Charity Technology Exchange - Terms And Conditions