This client management license (ML) allows one nonserver device to be managed by System Center 2012 Configuration Manager and Virtual Machine Manager. If a device has multiple operating system environments (OSEs), a separate ML is required for each OSE managed by Configuration Manager.
Benefits for Organisations
If you have a dedicated IT department and staff with datacenter administration experience, your organisation can use Configuration Manager and Virtual Machine Manager to manage all client desktops, thin clients, mobile devices, and virtual desktops from a unified interface.
• Configuration Manager: provides software deployment, distribution, update management, and configuration monitoring throughout an IT infrastructure
• Virtual Machine Manager: enables administration and management of Microsoft and VMware virtual machine guests and virtual machine hosts
Other types of System Center licenses are also available. For more information, see Guide to System Center Products and Licensing.
With System Center 2012, the right to run management server software is included with the MLs. If you request this product, you can obtain management server software for all of the System Center components listed above. The software includes a runtime version of SQL Server Technology (SQL Server Standard Edition) to support System Center. No additional licenses are needed for management servers or SQL Server technology.
The ML does not require media, license keys, or setup codes.
Obtaining This Product
Expect three emails:
1. When your donation request has been approved, CTX Programme will send a message to your organisation email address confirming the number of licenses you have requested.
2. Microsoft will send an email welcoming your organisation to the Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC).
3. CTX Programme will send an email with information about managing your donation at the VLSC. If you are new to the VLSC, you should wait for this email before you register there.
Under the Software Assurance program, you have the right to install any new release of products covered in the agreement during the term of your coverage.
See system requirements for each System Center component:
• Configuration Manager
• Virtual Machine Manager
Join us on
Session Cookie: Looks like: SESS636698fd811c0f0105518e7332ea5f41
A unique session ID. This expires when you stop using the site
Google Analytics: Looks like: _utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz
Google Analytics cookies track when you accessed the site, how long you spent here, what you did, how you got here, and when you left.
_utma tracks how many times (if any) you have visited the website before. Expires 2 years after your last visit to this site.
_utmb and _utmc are connected, and track how long you stay on the site. _utmb: Expires 30 minutes after your visit, or after 30 minutes of inactivity. _utmc: Expires when you close your browser.
_utmz tracks identifies where you've come from e.g. from a search engine or from another website. _utmz: Expires 6 months after it was last set.
You can read more about what each Google Analytics cookie does.
www.ctxchange.org: Looks like: ccShowCookieIcon site_cookiecontrol
Used by this popup/site to record whether you have chosen to accept cookies. Duration 180 days.
Show the cookie icon?