Charity Tech News
Sign up to the CTX Newsletter
Mailshell Anti-Spam Desktop (Access for 1 Person)
Admin Fee: £1.00 + VAT
Mailshell Anti-Spam Desktop is a desktop-based spam-filtering solution for Windows users that intercepts incoming email messages before they reach the user's inbox.
Mailshell's four spam-identification engines perform more than one million filter checks to identify spam with a high accuracy rate and a near-zero false-positive rate. Users can choose their filter strength and decide if they want spam put in its own folder, deleted, bounced, or simply marked so they will know to avoid it.
Here are some notable features of this product:
• The Mailshell Anti-Spam system is private and secure. No message ever leaves the user's computer, and email account passwords are never accessed.
• Mailshell continuously collects and analyzes millions of new spam and legitimate messages and user feedback to tune the rules and databases and adjust the weighting of existing rules.
• Mailshell Anti-Spam automatically updates itself to maintain its spam-catching accuracy.
• New options in the user interface allow users to fine-tune control and training of the system, include blocking of IP addresses and countries, use of public blacklists (RBLs), and Bayesian word training options.
Compatibility with Email Clients
Two versions of Mailshell Anti-Spam Desktop are available:
• The Outlook Edition is fully and transparently integrated with Outlook 2000, 2002, 2003, and 2007. No setup is necessary. Mailshell controls appear in the Outlook interface.
• The Universal Edition supports Outlook Express, Eudora, Netscape Messenger, and most POP email clients.
Requesting and Downloading Mailshell Anti-Spam Desktop
Request one copy of the software for each workstation that requires it. You need not select a version during the request process; you will be prompted to do so when you go to download the product.
When your product request has been approved, an email will be sent to your organization email address containing a registration key for each copy of Mailshell Anti-Spam Desktop you requested and instructions for downloading the software. You can download either version for a particular workstation. (For example, if you requested five Mailshell Anti-Spam Desktop products, you may download three of the Outlook Edition and two of the Universal Edition.)
Mailshell keys expire 15 months from the date TechSoup receives them. To get a full year of use, you should activate your Mailshell installations within 3 months.
Includes One Year of Updates
This donation includes spam signature file updates for one year. After a year, the Mailshell Anti-Spam Desktop software will continue to run, but spam updates will no longer be provided. Each year thereafter, you can choose to receive an additional year of spam updates by requesting a new donation from TechSoup.
Limited Support Available
Mailshell does not provide support for this product; TechSoup provides limited support.
Price: £1.00 + VAT
Information For Companies
Want to spread the word about CTX ?
We'd love you to Tell A Friend about us
© 2007 Charity Technology Exchange - Terms And Conditions