The CISCO886VA-K9 is one of the 880 Series of integrated services routers. It can provide Internet access, security and voice services, and virtual private network (VPN) connections for up to 20 users. This fixed-configuration router accepts an asymmetric or very-high-bit-rate DSL (ADSL or VDSL) over integrated services digital network (ISDN) line.
Benefits for Organisations
This router can connect to the Internet via ADSL or VDSL over ISDN. It can be used to establish up to 20 secure VPN connections to larger networks from small remote offices and teleworkers.
• Configuration tools: The web-based Cisco Configuration Professional configuration tool simplifies deployment, management, and troubleshooting through smart wizards and task-based tutorials. It requires no knowledge of the included Cisco IOS software's command-line interface. Virtual LAN (VLAN) support allows computers to be moved to another location without reconfiguration.
• Wired LAN connectivity: The four-port 10/100-Mbps Fast Ethernet managed switch provides connections for multiple devices. It has the ability to designate a port as the network demilitarized zone (DMZ).
• Security features: The router provides comprehensive security through an intrusion prevention system (IPS) firewall and a stateful packet inspection (SPI) firewall. It also provides dynamic routing and advanced quality of service (QoS) features.
• Remote access: The router provides 20 IPsec VPN tunnels. There is no hardware support for SSL VPN connections. However, organizations can request software-based SSL VPN licenses through the CTX Programme to support a maximum of 10 SSL VPN users.
More information about this product is available on the Cisco website.
Organizations can request license upgrades for this device through the CTX Programme.
Cisco 880 Series 10-User SSL VPN License Pack: software-based license pack for supporting up to 10 SSL VPN users.
Cisco 880 Series Advanced IP Services License: includes support for Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6)
Product Service and Support
Cisco will provide five years of hardware and software service and support ("SMARTnet") for this product.
Obtaining This Product
When your request has been approved, you will receive a confirmation email from the CTX Programme. Your product will be delivered within eight weeks. For details, see The Cisco Donation Programme.
• AC input voltage: 100 to 240 VAC
• Nonoperating temperature: -4 to 149°F (-20 to 65°C)
• Nonoperating humidity: 5 to 95 percent relative humidity (noncondensing)
• Nonoperating altitude: 0 to 15,000 feet (0 to 4,570 meters)
• Operating temperature: 32 to 104°F (0 to 40°C)
• Operating humidity: 10 to 85 percent relative humidity (noncondensing)
• Operating altitude: 0 to 10,000 feet (0 to 3,000 meters)
Session Cookie: Looks like: SESS636698fd811c0f0105518e7332ea5f41
A unique session ID. This expires when you stop using the site
Google Analytics: Looks like: _utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz
Google Analytics cookies track when you accessed the site, how long you spent here, what you did, how you got here, and when you left.
_utma tracks how many times (if any) you have visited the website before. Expires 2 years after your last visit to this site.
_utmb and _utmc are connected, and track how long you stay on the site. _utmb: Expires 30 minutes after your visit, or after 30 minutes of inactivity. _utmc: Expires when you close your browser.
_utmz tracks identifies where you've come from e.g. from a search engine or from another website. _utmz: Expires 6 months after it was last set.
You can read more about what each Google Analytics cookie does.
ctxchange.org: Looks like: ccShowCookieIcon site_cookiecontrol
Used by this popup/site to record whether you have chosen to accept cookies. Duration 180 days.
Show the cookie icon?